Perform Intake Assessment interviews with individuals seeking mental health services, and complete the Comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment which includes an interpretive summary and preliminary diagnostic impression
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Mental Health field.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill population
- Ability to assess needs of consumers.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction supervision.
- Bilingual A Plus
- Possess the ability to document the services provided to customers and maintain medical records in accordance with established governing standards in a timely, legible, accurate and complete manner.
- Ability to provide crisis intervention/stabilization and aggressive behavior management to costumers in a safe, culturally sensitive and gender specific manner.
- Ability to recognizes, evaluates, gather collateral information and develop interventions to address risk factors related to potential for violence and dangerous to self or others.
- Ability to perform Co-Occurring Clinical Assessments and interpret data to formulate a DSM V diagnosis.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Intake Assessment interviews with individuals seeking mental health services, and complete the Comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment which includes an interpretive summary and preliminary diagnostic impression.
- Facilitate client referrals to appropriate agency services based on the assessment results.
- Collaborate with clients being assessed in the development of treatment plan goals and objectives.
- Explain to clients seeking services their rights as patients and agency policies, and obtain client signatures on required forms.
- Demonstrate competency in evaluating and documenting client lethality risk.
- Demonstrate familiarity with community resources and provide referrals to these resources when appropriate.
- Complete all required assessment paperwork in a timely manner according to department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of DSM-IV nomenclature.
- Report to supervisor any acute or systemic problems.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
DEPARTMENT: Access Center
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com