Responsible for the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. Responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Two years’ experience with culinary cooking required
- Certified in culinary cooking preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and perform all related functions of food service.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts used in recipes. Ability to operate kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge and proper use of standards for preparing, holding, distributing, storing and serving food.
- Ability to communicate client needs and information to behavioral healthcare staff.
- Knows procedure for the use of fire extinguishers and/or fire extinguishing systems appropriate for each type of fire.
- Knowledge of portion sizes of meal components served to ensure nutritionally adequate.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform in all aspects of food preparation.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
- Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Assists in serving meals and preparations of delivery.
- Store food properly and safely, marking date and item.
- Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Assist in maintaining a sanitary environment in all dietary areas.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Complete food temperature checks before service.
DEPARTMENT: Environmental Services
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@PPBH.org