BEHAVIOR TECH. “CSU/Res2”
To provide direct care and guidance, plan and coordinate, and supervise the patients of CSU/CCSU.
QUALIFICATION FOR POSITION:
- As a 24 hour facility you are required to be available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. Certificate.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill population
- Ability to assess needs of consumers.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of those who have a co-occurring mental health and/or substance use disorder.
- Ability to communicate client’s needs and information to behavioral healthcare staff.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record.
- Ability to communicate clearly about the needs of the program to program director.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business. (Proof Required)
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visually observed each patient, who is on close observation, every 15 minutes or less and initial the 24 hour observation sheet.
- Perform unit rounds on an hourly basis assessing the safety of the unit and patients.
- Note significant changes in patient’s behavior and verbalizations, watch for cues of increased anxiety or agitation and report to charge nurse.
- Complete the required documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist other staff members with actively disturbed and violent patients, requesting back-up personnel when needed.
- Maintain a good attendance record and follow proper call-in procedures.
- Assist in the transfer and discharge of patients by assisting the patient in dressing and collecting personal possessions, valuables and carrying out the established discharge and transfer procedures.
- Complete and document routine vital signs per inpatient unit policy and as directed.
- Supervise and monitor patients during meal and all social period, always maintaining safety and security.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: NON-EXEMPT
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org