Responsible for providing care and safety of psychiatric patients awaiting admission or transfer in the Crisis Access Department. He/She will assists in the admission of new patients by checking for sharps, valuables, contraband, and safeguarding personal belongings, observation and monitoring of patients, and assisting with emergency situations with patients as they arise to provide safety for both the patients and the staff.
QUALIFICATION FOR POSITION:
- As a 24 hour facility you are required to be available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. Certificate.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill population.
- Ability to assess needs of consumers.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of those who have a co-occurring mental health and/or substance use disorder.
- Ability to communicate client needs and information to behavioral healthcare staff.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record.
- Ability to communicate clearly about the needs of the program to program director.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business.
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to inquiries by potential patients and/or visitors to the Access Department by phone or at the Access entrance door.
- Assists in the admission of new patients by conducting a search for sharps, valuables, contraband, and other items that might pose a danger to the patient or staff members.
- Assists newly arriving patients with the application and registration process.
- Visually observes and monitors each patient for safety at regular intervals and documents these observations.
- Notes significant changes in any patient’s behavior or verbalizations, watching for cues of increase anxiety, agitation, or self-injurious behavior and reports these observations to Access Department staff.
- Initiates steps to call an emergency behavioral code, or assists other staff members in responding to such a code, with actively disturbed and violent patients.
- Maintains an inventory of personal belongings of patients that are held is a secure area while the patient is waiting in the Access Department.
- Supervises and monitors patients during meal time, smoking breaks, and visitation, to ensure safety and security.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and order of the Access Department.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Access Department and of Park Place Behavioral Health Care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: NON-EXEMPT/FULL TIME
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com