This position is designed to serve substance use/opioid individuals who are currently in substance use treatment at Beacon Point.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- As a 24 hour facility you are required to be available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. Certificate.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill population
- Ability to assess needs of consumers.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees.
- Bilingual A plus
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of those who have a co-occurring mental health and/or substance use disorder.
- Ability to communicate client needs and information to behavioral healthcare staff.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record.
- Ability to communicate clearly about the needs of the program to program director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor substance use individuals progress with respect to the provisions of the treatment plan and document in the clinical record.
- Evaluate impact of service on substance use individuals quality of life.
- Advocate for substance use individuals to ensure that their needs are met.
- Shows maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the co-occurring disorder population.
- Link and refer substance use individuals to all internal and external services needed.
- Coordinate cases to facilitate implementation of the treatment plan.
- Manage case records to assure that proper documentation meets standard of practice requirement.
- Provide supportive crisis counseling to substance use individuals when needed.
- Assist with initial evaluations and assessments
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
DEPARTMENT: Beacon Point
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@PPBH.org