CALL CENTER SPECIALIST (Overnight)
Provides effective customer service by establishing a working relationship with external and internal customers through communication via telephone or in person. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of mental health and substance use clients. Manage web based interactions and telephone to communicate regularly with customers in regards to scheduling, rescheduling and cancelation of appointments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- 2 years of clinical, financial or business office experience is required. An Associate’s degree may substitute for 2 years’ experience
- Customer services experience in a behavioral health or medical facility preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be service oriented with good speaking, listening and customer service skills.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
- Ability to communicate client needs and information to behavioral healthcare staff.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record, Microsoft office software, and insurance verification websites.
- Must possess an understanding for agency programs and make referrals to appropriate programs.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business.
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As the initial contact for all external customers, will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and exemplary telephone etiquette as a representative of PPBH.
- Be proactive with all customers by actively listening, showing a caring attitude and offering alternatives when necessary.
- Operates a telephone switching system to handle and direct incoming calls, route these incoming calls to the correct individual or department.
- Exhibits working knowledge in the use of all registration, scheduling systems, and web based resources.
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming calls from customers while answering basic questions about the Agency, including hours of operation, directions and direct phone numbers for individuals and departments.
- Perform telephone operations such as, transferring and forwarding calls, use of voice mail.
- Handles communication of emergency information regarding fire, bomb threat, and disaster situations and the different codes of PPBH (Blue, Red, Yellow, 100).
- Check insurance eligibility and collect basic demographics and payer information in profiler.
- Monitor and manage website chat rooms and online applications to schedule and initiate services.
- Maintain working knowledge of ICD-10 and necessary CPT codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to apply commons sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
DEPARTMENT: CALL CENTER
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: NON-EXEMPT
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com