This is a professional-level position designed to assist the Access Inpatient Assessors with children admission to include helping parents/guardians fill out applications, obtaining insurance information and obtaining ROI for the Osceola School System
- Bachelor’s degree in a mental health or related field with at least 3 years of case mgt. experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the local community resources desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize the needs of the clients.
- Able to work independently.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health.
- Ability to communicate client needs and information to behavioral healthcare staff.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record, Microsoft office software, and insurance verification websites.
- Must be service oriented with good customer service skills.
- Must possess the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business. (Proof Required)
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist CCSU social worker/discharge planner with setting up family sessions and addressing questions regarding CCSU treatment team
- Communicate with the Osceola County School Board regarding discharge planning and additional referrals if needed
- Assist Care Coordinator Scheduler with printing and scanning discharge summaries for the Osceola County School Board
- Assist discharge/admission Nurse with discharge procedures; to go over discharge plans and follow up with the children and their parents/guardians
- Follow up with the Osceola County School Board with children sent for an evaluation
- As a member of the CCSU treatment team, will address any questions or concerns when any of the representative from Osceola County School want to schedule a meeting in the unit
- As a court liaison in the CSU, you will make sure that all Petition for Involuntary Placement(BA32) are filed on time
- Respond and coordinate visitation when outside agencies come to the unit i.e Osceola FACT TEAM, DCF, Guardian Advocates, and Probation Officers
- Complete referral/request for Guardian Advocate when needed
- Communicate with Outreach Coordinator regarding school referrals when necessary
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
The Duties and Responsibilities reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all related work assignments that may be inherent to the job.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to apply commons sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
DEPARTMENT: CRISIS SERVICES
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@ppbh.org