This position will serve adult or children consumers who are mentally ill. They will provide supportive crisis intervention to consumers when needed, thru assessment, panning, monitoring and the linkage of clients to services and programs to meet each clients needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least one year experience with mental health and/or social work.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with clients, in staffing meetings, and with supervisors.
- Ability to write and review progress notes, service plans, and necessary correspondence.
- Knowledge of the local community resources is desirable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bilingual Preferred
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
- Possess the ability to document the services provided to customers in accordance with established governing standards in a timely, legible, accurate and complete manner.
- Ability to communicate client needs and information to behavioral healthcare staff.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record, Microsoft office software, and insurance verification websites.
- Must be service oriented with good customer service skills.
- Must possess the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment of high risk consumers in terms of current and potential strengths, weaknesses and needs.
- Conduct weekly outreach visits in the community to identify potential consumers for the program.
- Maintain an outreach log and document contacts in the community.
- Link and refer consumers to all internal and external services needed.
- Coordinate cases to facilitate implementation of the service plan.
- Monitor consumer’s progress with respect to the provisions of the service plan.
- Evaluate impact of services on consumer’s quality of life.
- Advocate on the behalf of persons served to ensure that their needs are met.
- Provide supportive crisis intervention to consumers when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
DEPARTMENT: Case Managment
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Contract
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com