Transport clients over specified routes to local or distant points. Complies with local traffic regulations. Reports delays or accidents. Keeps interior of vehicle neat and orderly. Monitors vehicle condition and records malfunctioning items or damage.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain a class “D” driver’s license and ongoing acceptance by the Agency Insurance Carrier.
- Knowledge of the local community.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill children and adult population.
- Safe driving record and acceptance by the Agency Insurance Carrier.
- Meet and comply with all personally applicable Federal and State Department of Transportation regulations including, but not limited to, physical examinations and drug testing.
- The organizational skills needed to coordinate routine and unscheduled maintenance with the appropriate vendor.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is highly desirable.
CORE COMPETENCIES (Hourly):
- Must know traffic laws and regulations.
- Must be able to demonstrate the pre-start procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of environmental conditions that affect driving and how to react to them.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the effects of alcohol and other drugs on driving and the problems relating to alcohol and other drug use.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business. (Proof Required)
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide safe transportation to Clients of PPBH.
- Transport Central Receiving System (CRS) clients with risk of elopement to and from appointments and meetings.
- Prepare and maintain necessary written documents for transportation billing on a daily basis.
- Accurately record and maintain all requested information in the appropriate vehicle log book(s) on a daily basis or as otherwise specified.
- Inspect and monitor vehicle condition to ensure safe operation.
- Immediately notify the Supervisor of any vehicle problems and needed vehicle maintenance and/or repairs.
- Ensure that appropriate vehicle maintenance and repairs are scheduled and completed in a timely fashion with assistance from Supervisor.
- Immediately notify the Supervisor of any contact with law enforcement while operating any vehicle.
- Purchase and pick up materials and/or supplies as requested by the Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee will be required to climb steps to enter the vans and will occasionally work in outside weather conditions. The employee must speak effectively in-groups of consumers, to coworkers, and with supervisors. Fluency in English and Spanish is highly desirable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: NON-EXEMPT
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com