Electronic Health Record Training and Support Specialist
The EHR Training and Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative, clinical, and technical support in the implementation of Electronic Health Record (EHR) and other programs or software applications in use at Park Place Behavioral Health Care; the planning, development, scheduling, and facilitation of end-user EHR trainings; and in planning and facilitating support for EHR and other clinical data applications
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual should have a Bachelor’s Degree or two years of experience in a clinical setting, and effective communication skills, both verbal and written. The individual should have advanced computer skills, including a working knowledge of database systems, and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. The individual should be familiar with all Park Place Behavioral Health Care clinical programs.
- Ability to creates/maintains a professional and ethical atmosphere
- Must shows respect and consideration for individual and audience needs
- Knowledge to demonstrate diversity awareness
- Promotes continuous, collaborative learning
- Ability to encourage participation
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business. (Proof Required)
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend Clinical Data Applications (CDA) trainings and committee meetings.
- Assist the CDA staff in the coordination and management of CDA projects according to the priorities of the Director of Quality Assurance.
- Co-ordinate with the Director of Quality Assurance training and implementation group projects.
- Research and evaluate other software applications that may be useful in augmenting the EHR in use, or that may be useful in supporting agency clinical or administrative programs, and present recommendations for the use of these software applications to the CDA team.
- Maintain implementation documentation, including clinical processes, forms, patient flow, financial/billing procedures, hardware needs, EHR reports and implementation progress for each application.
- Assist the Director of Quality Assurance and CDA team with scheduling EHR implementation trainings, group meetings, and projects.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate end-user trainings in EHR modules and other programs or software applications in use.
- Achieve and maintain proficiency in using the most recent versions of the currently used EHR.
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate EHR process and documentation audits.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of Meaningful Use and PQRS measures and processes, facilitate the implementation of MU and PQRS structures in the EHR, and facilitate the registration of Eligible Providers and annual attestation.
- Assist the CDA team in responding to end-users with technical support needs related to the EHR in use and other implemented clinical applications. E-Mailed support requests with a Routine status will be responded to within 24 hours; support requests with a Priority status will be responded to within 1 hour during working hours, and within 6 hours after hours.
- Maintain a positive rapport with the CDA team members, trainees, EHR vendor staff, and Park Place BH staff, or personnel of external agencies involved in the Pro-Filer implementation process.
- Report to the Director of Quality Assurance any acute or systemic problems in the Pro-Filer implementation process.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Quality Assurance.
Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DEPARTMENT: QUALITY ASSURANCE
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: EXEMPT
To apply for this job email your details to Carrers@ppbh.org