Licenses Practical Nurse (LPN)
The staff LPN manages the staff and medications in the Substance Use Programs. The position requires a qualified licensed nurse who can appropriately integrate with the medical staff and other department staff that provide and contribute to patient care. The Staff LPN implements several important functions including mediation management, nursing assessments, treatment planning and other duties required as a registered nurse
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed in State of Florida as a LPN
- Certification in Phlebotomy Required
- Minimum two (2) year’s experience as a general staff nurse
- Customer services experience in a substance use or medical facility preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bilingual A Plus
- Ability to evaluate, plan and implement Plans of Care.
- Ability to observe and record client symptoms, conditions and/or reactions to medications and treatment.
- Ability to demonstrate the giving of injections, monitoring vital signs, performing glucose monitoring, able to dress simple wounds and is able to perform urine drug screens and pregnancy tests.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record, Microsoft office software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform evaluations (medical status, psychiatric status) within 24 hours of patient’s admission.
- Evaluates, implement and document safety measures necessary for the patient.
- Implement plan of care and intervention.
- Accurately observed records and reported medical and psychiatric signs and symptoms to the appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with patient’s anger in a manner which promoted a positive learning experience for the patient.
- Maintain a working knowledge of psychiatric intervention skills.
- Document patient’s medical records to include pertinent nursing observations and actions taken reflecting the plan of care.
- Administer medication and perform procedures as ordered by the physician with accuracy, efficiency and appropriate knowledge of pharmacology and basic nursing care.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and ethical conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
DEPARTMENT: Beacon Point- Ocala
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@ppbh.org