Responsible for clerical duties, assisting other staff in completing assigned duties, scheduling appointments, collection co-pays and assisting callers by providing information about facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must have a high school diploma or GED and one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to communicate effectively and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions both verbally and in writing. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CORE COMPETENCIES (Hourly):
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
- Must be service oriented with good customer service skills.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record, Microsoft office software, and insurance verification websites.
- Must be proficient at multi-tasking with an attention to detail.
- Must possess the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business. (Proof Required)
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete telephone operations such as answer calls, forward calls to correct department or personnel and use of voice mail.
- Greet clients, visitors and co-workers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Check-in patients before their scheduled appointments.
- Collect co-pays via cash, checks or credit cards.
- Manage standby list
- Add/Update client demographic and information.
- Schedule/reschedule appointments with appropriate provider.
- Print daily schedules.
- Copy all forms, insurance cards and correspondence and forward to appropriate department.
- Balance cash report daily.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in lobby.
- Scan outpatient therapy documents daily.
- Prepare mail and document correspondence sent out to clients.
- Performed other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DEPARTMENT: OUTPATIENT MEDICAL/THERAPY
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: NON-EXEMPT
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org