Performs client services duties to include demonstrating excellent customer service skills, conducting financial assessments, verifying insurance benefits and researching disputed statements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily and work independently with minimal supervision. The individual must have one year related experience and a high school diploma or GED and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to apply common sense understanding and communicate effectively in order to carry out instructions both verbally and in writing with clients, in staff meetings, and with supervisors. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
CORE COMPETENCIES (Hourly):
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
- Ability to communicate client needs and information to behavioral healthcare staff.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record, Microsoft office software, and insurance verification websites.
- Must possess an understanding for agency programs and make referrals to appropriate programs.
- Must be service oriented with good customer service skills.
- Must possess the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business. (Proof Required)
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Respond to clients and telephone calls in a courteous, timely, and professional manner.
- Interview, assign and schedule clients for services.
- Maintain log books for clients seeking services (Access to Care, attendance, referral).
- Conduct financial assessments for new clients (outpatient and inpatient) and follow up clients and inform them of their benefits and financial responsibilities (collect and copy necessary documents for file).
- Verify Insurance benefits.
- Process referrals (transition plans) for new and follow-up clients (scheduling).
- Accurately register and/or update all necessary screens in the Client Data System.
- Prepare, label, scan and forward charts to Health Information Center after Intake.
- Research disputed statements for clients and if appropriate submits necessary documents to the Business Office manager for correction and/or adjustment and report back to client on the results of the research.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DEPARTMENT: BEACON POINT
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: NON-EXEMPT/FULL TIME
To apply for this job email your details to KirstenF@ppbh.org