The Referral Coordinator is a Customer Service driven position with knowledge of the programs and understanding of mental health and substance use clients. He/she will manage web based interactions and telephone to communicate regularly with doctors’ offices, hospitals, new patients, treatment coordinators, crisis and substance abuse services to involve scheduling, rescheduling and coordination of care for new patients into the Agency
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of clinical, financial or business office experience is preferred. An Associate’s degree may substitute for 2 years’ experience
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill population
- Ability to assess needs of consumers.
- Computer experience required
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction supervision
- Must be service oriented with good speaking, listening and customer service skills.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
- Ability to communicate client needs and information to behavioral healthcare staff.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record, Microsoft office software, and insurance verification websites.
- Must possess an understanding for agency programs & referral to appropriate programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be proactive with all customers by actively listening, showing a caring attitude and offering alternatives when necessary.
- Provide accurate information of departmental procedures, and specific scheduling criteria to expedite patient preparation, arrival location and time.
- Demonstrate superb telephone etiquette and professional communication skills at all times.
- Exhibits working knowledge in the use of all registration, scheduling systems, and web based resources.
- Collect basic demographics and payer information in profiler.
- Collect payer information and check insurance eligibility.
- Maintain basic understanding of the medical needs during the screening process of callers to identify desired services.
- Monitor and manage website chat rooms and online applications to schedule and initiate services.
- Identify customer services issues and resolves or initiates necessary follow-up.
- Maintain working knowledge of ICD-10 and necessary CPT codes.
- Process referrals for new and follow up clients.
- Coordinate care of new clients with outside agencies, hospitals and providers.
- Perform other duties as directed by department manager.
DEPARTMENT: Call Center
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org