THERAPIST, Outpatient “Full Time or Contract”
Provide therapeutic services to Adult and Children Outpatient clients.
QUALIFICATION FOR POSITION:
- Licensed in the State of Florida as a LMHC with a minimum of two (2) years experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of DSM-5, Baker Act Law, Medicaid requirements and standards, DCF requirements and standards.
- Good organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill population.
- Ability to work face-to-face with consumers in a fast paced and often stressful environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Ability read and interprets documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees.
- Must understand normal versus abnormal development and have clinical knowledge on abnormal psychopathology with understanding DSM 5 diagnoses. Knowledge of the Baker Act laws.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Florida Laws, Rules and ethical standards for the field of behavioral health.
- Ability and flexibility to adjust to the needs of the client and Agency.
- Competency in conceptualizing clinical cases to formulate a diagnoses, treatment plans and referrals.
- Understanding multiple cultural identities and able to integrate knowledge of individual and cultural difference in the conduct of professional roles.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business. (Proof Required)
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess patient’s needs and individual treatment concerns upon admission to the Outpatient Programs and continuously assess throughout the patient’s treatment.
- Develop treatment plans addressing the specific needs of the patient with individualized and measureable goals for treatment.
- Plan, prepare, and execute individual and group interventions to assist the patients in reaching their therapeutic goals.
- Complete the necessary documentation regarding the patient’s status, responses to interventions, and progress toward treatment goals.
- Staff cases with Medical Director, Program Director, and the treatment team to provide effective multidisciplinary treatment.
- Assist Clinical Director with reviewing and signing clinical documentation for unlicensed staff.
- Provide professional feedback to clinicians regarding quality of documentation and treatment.
- Provide individual, group, couples, and family therapy as needed to address the specific goals of the patients.
- Provide individual, group and family interventions for mental health and substance use issues as appropriate.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Park Place Behavioral Health Care.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Directors.
- Attend all mandatory training per agency policy.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients.
Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Therapist Position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in a fast paced work environment.
DEPARTMENT: Adult/Children Outpatient Therapy
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: EXEMPT/FULL TIME
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com