Provide therapeutic services to Adult clients attending the PSR Program.
QUALIFICATION FOR POSITION:
- Bachelors Degree in Mental Health Profession with a minimum of two (2) years experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of DSM-IV, Baker Act Law, Medicaid requirements and standards, DCF requirements and standards.
- Good organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill population.
- Ability to work face-to-face with consumers in a fast paced and often stressful environment.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees.
- Possess the ability to document the services provided to customers in accordance with established governing standards in a timely, legible, accurate and complete manner.
- Ability to provide crisis intervention/stabilization and aggressive behavior management to costumers in a safe, culturally sensitive and gender specific manner.
- Ability to recognizes, evaluates, gather collateral information and develop interventions to address risk factors related to potential for violence and dangerousness to self or others.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business. (Proof Required)
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess patient’s needs and individual treatment concerns upon admission to the adult PSR program and continuously throughout the patient’s treatment.
- Develop treatment plans addressing the specific needs of the patient with individualized and measurable goals for treatment.
- Plan, prepare, and execute group and individual interventions to assist the patients in reaching their therapeutic goals.
- Complete the necessary documentation in the required time frame regarding the patient’s mental status, responses to interventions, and progress toward treatment goals.
- Staff cases with Program Director, Program Supervisor, and the treatment team to provide effective multidisciplinary treatment.
- Provide individual, group and family therapy as needed to address the specific goals of the patients.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients.
- Attend all mandatory training per agency policy.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Park Place Behavioral Health Care.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DEPARTMENT: Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: HOURLY/NON-EXEMPT
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org