Coordinate outpatient psychiatric services to clients at risk of psychiatric institutionalization or hospitalization. Treatment coordinators shall define, implement, and maintain a system for determining client requirements for outpatient services as they relate to their clinic visits and medication management.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and-or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of High School education is required.
- MA, LPN or Bachelors in Health Care Science or related field required.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill population.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Has legible writing.
- Maintains mental and emotional stability.
- Maturity and sensitivity to the special needs of PPBH clients while possessing the knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
- Must be service oriented with good customer service skills.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to collect vital statistics.
- Ability to utilize and navigate an electronic health record, Microsoft office software, and insurance verification websites.
- Must possess knowledge of behavioral health and medical conditions.
- Must possess the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- A valid Class E Drivers’ License for positions that require driving personal or Agency vehicle on Agency business.
- Must maintain a minimum Bodily Injury & Property Liability insurance limit of at least $50,000 for positions that require driving personal own vehicle (POV) on Agency business. (Proof Required)
- PPBH is a 24/7 Agency. All employees must be available as needed when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect patient vital, smoking & nutritional status and enter statistics and interventions into data systems.
- Manage provider’s daily schedule and triage walk-ins.
- Audit, prepare and/or reconcile charts for clinic.
- Complete paperwork: PCP and release, state reporting, referrals, obtain signatures on forms, give surveys, medication/treatment consents and handbooks.
- Follow up on referrals to other departments.
- Perform data entry: diagnosis, treatment plans and recorded services.
- Performed other duties as assigned by supervisor.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must have Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the use of personal computers, and standard office productivity software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Therapist Position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in a fast paced work environment.
DEPARTMENT: Medical at Poinciana
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: NON-EXEMPT
To apply for this job email your details to KirstenF@ppbh.org